The days of boring “Save the Date” cards are in the past! Couples, and their photographers, have learned to have fun with these early wedding announcements. After all, you can consider these a preview of your amazing wedding. The following are some creative and trendy examples, with ideas of how to make them your own!
1. Incorporating calendars is a popular trend with Save the Dates right now. Put a heart around your date or even circle the date with your engagement ring! This is your opportunity to get imaginative. We love this specific example pictured, because it includes stickers for the guest’s calendar too.
2. Save the Dates are meant to be fun. Why not include your animals? Pet cats and dogs are a great addition to photography for Save the Dates. Who could forget that adorable card?
3. Photography really can make or break a great Save the Date. Work with your photographer to capture something unique for you. This photograph is absolutely beautiful and so special. Try a similar set up at your cool venue or favorite landmark!
4. Save the Dates are the perfect opportunity to incorporate your identity as a couple and to chronicle your love story. If your future husband loves sports or proposed at a sporting event, this is the Save the Date for you! You can even write the date on the ball, bat, or stick, depending on the sport. Personalization is what turns heads!
5. We think this shoe idea is so adorable, and it’s gaining a lot of attention from brides lately. Try it with cowboy boots, flip-flops, or your favorite heels! This simple idea can help express your style and the vibe of your wedding to your guests.
6. Using the outline of your state is another big trend. This example features a super simple design and doubles as a coaster. However, you can switch this up in numerous ways. For example, cut the state out of glitter paper and mark your destination with a gem. You might even show two states if planning a destination wedding.
As you can tell, Save the Dates are your opportunity to represent what makes your relationship and wedding distinctive. Get inventive and have fun!
All images and original sources; as well as more of our favorite ideas can be viewed at: http://www.pinterest.com/DesigningEvent/save-the-dates/